Friday 20 November 2009

Update on progress - Animation



The technical issues that have arisen with this project have hindered/delayed my progress with an outcome. Unfortunately the version of Flash that I have (8) in CS3 does not seem to support the import of Photoshop files with layers ( in the way that later versions of Flash do).  Therefore, having spent time building a series of slides as layers in Photoshop CS3 I have had to consider an alternative ie complete the basic animation in Photoshop; export as a movie and import to imovie and overlay sound file there.

This has had the effect of me having to consider a simpler version of "tweens" between frames and sections of the animation and I feel that I am, unfortunately, designing down to my technology knowledge. I have to say that my own interest in animation/moving image is limited and that I would prefer to be developing my ideas as print based outcomes. Some of the sources for imagery in the animation would be useful starting points for exploration in print and in that medium I feel that I could extend the depth of my work much further.





No comments:

Post a Comment