Sunday 3 April 2011

Digital developments and illustration

My digital collage is now developing and having taken inspiration from many contemporary illustrators, such as those discussed in recent posts, I am beginning to enjoy a new found freedom with the digital process. What I thought was to be avoided - to get me back into making things - now has a focus and purpose.

My most recent pieces build on the work of the previous post and there are some updates. I feel that I should now be considering the idea of illustration, ie not solely producing work for its aesthetic but also to consider content in order to communicate content.... eg story, narrative, song lyrics.So here are a few additional pieces, all the starting points of a series within a theme.

...some remain
Mexican Wine
Survival Car

In addition to this work, development of my website is now underway. Progress is good, although the frustrations of using Dreamweaver abound. It is probably my least favourite software program - even worse that Microsoft products!

No comments:

Post a Comment