Sunday 6 March 2011

Some additions to the stamp collection

Some further collages to add to the 'stamp collection' posted below. I could go on to make many more of these and might create some additions over the next few weeks.  However, currently I am considering other styles to investigate in developing my collage research.  I have a set of Beatles bubblegum cards from the 1964 which I am keen to develop in to another  series, so that may be another set in the future. Through recent practitioner research I have found a number of influential 'collagists' who bring together hand made starting points with additional digital intervention - such as Michelle Thompson and Marion Deuchars. I may investigate this approach as an alternative to print developments stemming from collages for this semester to extend my own style development of collage/montage.

I am aware that I must start developing an on-line presence in order to share my work, get some feedback and as a goal for the, not-to-distant future, get some of my work into print. At the moment I am considering approaches to developing my web site, in particular the overall design styling of the site. I see this as a major part of the work I will do this semester to support my developing practice and to provide myself with a focus for on-line access to my work. Other considerations will be the usual social network sites but I want to establish the web site first and foremost.

















Daddy's Younger Days




















Rickshaw

















Copyright


















Two Boys

 
















Rail Accidents


















Voltage

No comments:

Post a Comment