Monday 30 May 2011

Graham Rawle


My thanks to Graham Rawle for his kind response to my email following a recent talk that he gave at UWE. I have always enjoyed Grahams work since seeing 'Lost Consonants' in the Guardian some years ago and the content of both his work and talk had a real relevance to both my current work and collections of ephemera that he and  I had both collected in childhood. Anyway, Graham was good enough to reply to me and comment on my work and with regard to my Beatles 'gum card' digital collages he sent me the image here - 'McCartney Rabbit' made from an image in his Beatles Scrapbook.

Graham also sent me a link to Run Wrake's animation 'Rabbit', the imagery in which relates closely to my 'Dick and Jane Bristish Tour' series of collages.

Check out Grahams work. I particularly like 'Womans World' and 'Niff Actuals' and current work towards his latest book 'The Card'.



Thanks once again Graham and good luck with 'The Card'.

No comments:

Post a Comment