Tuesday 20 April 2010

MA Show - current work

In amongst all the research and planning for Assignment 3 in Research methods I have been developing a further piece of work for the MA Graphics "work in progress" show which is being hung later this week. For this piece I have taken forward a further idea from "50 Things" - earlier work from last Semester.

The work relates to the personal set of postage stamps that I developed for "50 Things". It considers the idea of writing a personal message or comment to the person depicted by the stamp. This approach adopts the graphic elements of correspondence on envelopes ie. the address and visual marks associated with the communication. Could this in some way be considered graphic poetry? In addition to this finished piece I have drawn up ideas for the content related to the other 47 stamps in the set, ie. the messages. I feel that in taking this work from Semester 1 a stage further I have explored additional concepts that provide opportunities for graphic representation and associations between myself and events, facts or people during my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment