Friday 2 September 2011

Multiples - Beatles 'bubblegum stamps'




Following the Summer break, through which I've been rather lazy with posting, I thought it was time to bring together work that I have been completing during the Summer to make way for the new semester and  a fresh body of work. So I have included here postage/artist stamp sheets developed from the Beatles gum card collages completed earlier in the Summer. I am always intrigued by 'multiples' and the way that they change the aesthetic of the original image but provide a new and sometimes more coherent balance. There is only one issue here, due to screen resolution and the miniature nature of each image, the quality is not representative of the printed sample.

I have printed these as artists proofs but am keen to looking limited editions printed on gummed paper and perforated.

No comments:

Post a Comment