Monday 22 November 2010

developing collages into print


Taking other image and print ideas forward from collages I have been looking other artist/designers approaches to graphic image development. I have been particularly interested in the prints/paintings of 'Morning Breath' the New York duo who deal with imagery from old ads, graffiti, comic strip etc. Alongside their graphic design practice which is mainly focused on the music industry they produce prints and paintings which combine underlying collaged/painted in/out imagery with overlaid line drawings in comic strip style.

I am beginning to experiment with my initial collages as backgrounds and as providers for line images imposed over. I have considered and tried constructing the drawings with pens and markers but have found that drawing digitally over images in Photoshop with live traces in Illustrator create more reliable outcomes. I have include an initial piece of work here and intend to take this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment