Wednesday 3 November 2010

A short break then onwards...

Edouardo Rueda
Edouardo Rueda
Edouardo Rueda
A short break in studies last week to visit Paris. Whilst there, two major disappointments.... couldn't get into the Jean-Michel Basquiat exhibition at the Musee de Art Moderne at the Palais de Tokyo and the Musee Picasso was closed - for two years for a total refurb. Still managed to pick up a good book in a discontinued print shop on Boulevard St Michel on Edouardo Rueda. I has seen some of his work some years ago but with my current interests in collage, his work seems more relevant and inspirational. He lists the many well known's as his influences such as Schwitters, Cornell, Hoch, Brownfield and there is evidence in his work of this. I was interested to see his 3D 'collage' and division of space with textured metal/wood. Some further ideas here to consider.

The visit also gave me the opportunity to collect more ephemera and photographs of abstract street graphics; using the camera to viewfind type/signs and textures. As I process these I will post at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment