Saturday 2 October 2010

Collage as influence to print

Spaceboy
Hoppalong
As well as my on-going research into collage I have been developing ideas for screen prints using collage as a starting point. Subject matter has been imagery of childhood recollections following on from work that I carried out for 'Introduction to Graphic Arts' earlier in the year and continues with the theme of period influences; particularly of the 50's & 60's. For this I have been using Photoshop for bringing imagery together - 'digital collage' - with the intention of outputting layers as starting points that I will need for the printing process. The intention then is to work into these layer print-outs with other media prior to making up positives for stencil exposure. Access to print facilities during the summer recess precluded me from taking this work further. I will now consider whether I can take any of this work forward into the 'Analysing Practice' module, otherwise it might need to go on hold temporarily! The ideas are, at present, a little lifeless which is due to some extent to the 'hands off' digital process, but with additional mark making have potential I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment