Saturday 16 October 2010

To digitally enhance or not




Continuing with last weeks theme of 'Library of Babel' and my current intention to illustrate a series of selected phrases from the text, I am further considering whether collages should remain 'untouched' or be supplemented by digital addition. From the most recent artist research I have carried out it is clear that Sarah Hanson's collage work is in preparation for digital additions whereas Martin O'Neil, whose work I think I prefer, receives little digital adjustment. One recurring factor is the need for a growing library of ephemera from which to build successful collage!

I have posted my most recent 'Library of Babel' collage here (work in progress) in both untouched and digitally supplemented versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment