Wednesday 6 October 2010



Following further research in to collage as a means of illustration to support starting points for the 'Library of Babel' brief I have been looking at the work Of Sarah Hanson - http://altpick.com/sarahhanson - who, on initial viewing works in a very similar style to Martin O'Neil who I have recently referred to. The differnces seem to be that Hanson seems more prepared to use current ephemera and photocopied images (rather that period/dated ephemera) and to enhance the collages with either print or digital based colour tint/overlay additions to 'condition' the aesthetic appearance of the final work.

In considering my use of collage, I am realising that I need to build a broader 'library' of resources. If I can explore the methods adopted by Sarah Hanson I could experiment with added digital detail to supplement the collection of older ephemera.

No comments:

Post a Comment