Saturday 16 October 2010

Developing Collage





During a studio session I looked at collage and considered further effects that can be achieved by scaling up results by photocopying and then selecting cropped areas of the enlarged images. after making enlargements ( some as big as 600% on a colour copier)of some of my previous 'Library of Babel' collages from the previous week I cut some 'viewfinders' to select considered areas of the collages that might stand alone in their balance of 2D space. I have worked initially with decreasing 'A'sizes - right down to A9 (if that exists!), and the square of the 'A' size. This has allowed me to consider organisation of space within the collages. From this I have produced a series of cut-out 'image selections' which I have recorded. Following this I have selected a couple of the results which I feel have a good aesthetic balance and have scanned these in a 400% with a view to processing them further digitally to prepare some suitable resolutions for screenprinting.The possibilities for re-rendering either digitally or by re-printing digitally and re-working with other media are now growing! I have posted a couple of starting points here which came from the 'like all men of the library, I have travelled in my youth...' collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment